|Put together 6 sticks to make 4 triangles, and what have you got?|
... A stand for a photo or drawing!
* 6 sticks, such as:
1) Arrange 3 sticks in a triangular shape with the ends slightly overlapping. Wrap a rubber band several times near each end.
2) At each intersection, add another stick. (Stretch the rubber band to fit around its end, or use another rubber band to hold it.) Overlap the sticks so they form 3 more triangles. Use another rubber band to secure them.
3) Your 6 sticks have formed a tetrahedron! Make sure that all 4 triangles are regular (with edges of the same length).
4) Be sure that at least one stick lies in front of the other sticks, so that it forms a ledge to hold your picture. (Can you arrange your sticks so that 3 of the 6 edges form ledges?)
5) Place a picture in your triangle stand.
|(This card was made by Jasmin Floyd, age 9. Visit her website at www.jasminariel.com to see more of her handmade greeting cards!)|
|© copyright 2001 - by Wendy Petti of Math Cats. All Rights Reserved.|