House Cat #7
more story problems
math cats explore
There are 33 horses in a field. 15 horses go into the barn. Then 7 of them come back out. How many horses are standing in the field?
I did my homework in 20 minutes today. I have 1 hour to finish my homework. How long did it take me to finish my homework?
I had 5 friends. I got 15 more. How many friends do I have now?
85 Math Cats were reading fiction books. 74 were reading non-fiction books. How many Math Cats are reading all together?
There were 40 monkeys sitting on a tree. 15 jumped off. How many monkeys are left?
|(6) Thousands of Cats
I had 100 cats. One ran away, then ten ran away. How many cats were there now?
There are 18 dolpins in the Atlantic Ocean. 20 swim in from the Pacific Ocean. Now how many are in the Atlantic Ocean?
There were 30 cots. 15 get lost or broken. How many are left?
There were 100 friends. 57 of them did not want to be friends any more. How many friends were left?
There are 999 apples and 200 get eaten. How many apples are left?
(1) Kaitlyn, age 10, grade 5, Surrey Centre Elementary School, Mrs. Scarlett's class, British Columbia, July 6, 2002
(2) Lucy, age 11, grade 5, Munns Public School, Mrs. Heath's class, Oakville, Ontario, Canada, July 9, 2002
(3) Sarah, age 9, grade 4, Edu-Prize School, Mrs. Unkovich's class, Tempe, Arizona, U.S., July 13, 2002
(4) Zachary, age 10, grade 4, Throop Elementary School, Mrs. Apple's class, Paoli, Indiana, U.S., July 16, 2002
(5) Kristi, age 9, grade 4, Port St. Joe Elementary School, Mrs. Odum's class, St. Joe, Florida, U.S., July 16, 2002
(6) Missy, age 7, grade 2, Porter Magnet Elementary School, Mrs. Damatteo's class, Syracuse, New York, U.S., July 19, 2002
(7) Mitty, age 10, grade 5, PASC School, Ms. Dianne's class, Deltona, Florida, U.S., July 19, 2002
(8) Graeme, age 5, grade 1, Terrace School, Mr. Adam's class, Waipukurau, July 22, 2002
(9) Caitlin, age 10, grade 4, Maron School, Mrs. Lowery's class, St. Louis, Missouri, July 28, 2002
(10) Ryan, age 9, grade 3, Parklands College, Mrs. Severin's class, Cape Town, South Africa, August 1, 2002
|© copyright 2002 - by Wendy Petti of Math Cats. All Rights Reserved.|