House Cat #4
more story problems
math cats explore
Roger Williams Park Zoo has a Jack-o-Lantern Spooktacular. There are supposed to be 1,000 jack-o-lanterns, but 300 of them were not made in time. How many are on display?
|(2) Alien Eyes
My alien has 230 eyes. 18 are blue. How many are red?
|(3) My Birthday Cupcakes
If I had 26 cupcakes and I gave away 12, how many do I have left?
|(4) The Grocery
At the grocery store, Sonia went to get root beer. Three bottles fell out of the case. If there were 24 bottles to begin with, how many are left?
I had 100 cats. 8 ran away. How many are left?
|(6) 15 Cats
You have 15 cats. You give 5 away, then you give 7 more away. Someone gives you 6 more. How many cats do you have?
|(7) The Park
There are 30 dogs in the park. 10 cats come to play. How many dogs and cats are there altogether?
|(8) The Train to New York
Each day train #7 brings people to New York. On Monday train #7 brought ten people to New York. Then on Friday train #7 brought nineteen people to New York. How many people did train #7 bring to New York altogether on those two days?
|(9) The Apple Tree
There are 50 apples in the apple tree. Laken ate 4, Karmen ate 7, Madison ate 3. How many apples are left in the apple tree?
There were 100 children wanting to go to the zoo. Only 32 were allowed to go. How many children were left?
(1) Hannah, age 10, grade 4, Great Place to Learn, Miss Baillargeon's class, Swansea, Massachusetts, U.S., May 8, 2002
(2) Vanessa, age 10, grade 4, Maclean Memorial School, Mrs. Baudoin's class, Canada, May 9, 2002
(3) Jeff, age 8, grade 3, Martin School, Miss Baillargeon's class, Seekonk, Massachusetts, U.S., May 9, 2002
(4) Sonia, age 10, grade 4, Ludlam Elementary School, Ms. Luytjes's class, Miami, Florida, U.S., May 10, 2002
(5) Clara, age 9, grade 2, Southeast School, Mrs. Heppe's class, Sikeston, Missouri, U.S., May 14, 2002
(6) Meredith and Rachel, age 10, grade 4, Lincoln Park School, Mrs. McTurnon's class, Greenfield, Indiana, U.S., May 16, 2002
(7) Katelyn, age 7, grade 1, Martin Elementary School, Miss Baillargeon's class, Seekonk, Massachusetts, U.S., May 17, 2002
(8) Benoit, age 7, grade 1, Martin Elementary School, Miss Baillargeon's class, Seekonk, Massachusetts, U.S., May 17, 2002
(9) Laken, age 8, grade 2, Grolee Elementary School, Mrs. Dupree's class, Opelousas, Lousiana, U.S., May 18, 2002
(10) Timmy, age 10, grade 4-5, Limehouse School, Mr. Cavasin's class, Acton, Ontario, Canada, May 18, 2002
|© copyright 2002 - by Wendy Petti of Math Cats. All Rights Reserved.|