House Cat #2
more story problems
math cats explore
|(1) The Dragon and 150 People
There was a dragon facing 150 people. 100 people ran away from the dragon. How many people are left?
|(2) 90 Cars
My favorite number is 90. I saw 90 cars. I saw 90 wheels. I saw 90 people. Once I saw 90 stores. Do you know what 90 + 90 is?
134 flowers were in the garden. I picked 56 for a vase. How many flowers were left in the garden?
|(4) The Blob
Jojo the blob is sitting in a coal mine melting. His boss needs 42 pieces of rocks. He has 12 rocks. How many more does he need? Hurry and calculate this before he gets pneumoultramicroscopic- silicovolcanoconeosis!!!!!!!!!
|(5) The Teachers
There once were 2 teachers who teach every class. There are 23 students in each room.How many students are there?
|(6) The Cookie Jar
One day there was 17 cookies in a cookie jar. Then, Megan ate 5 of them. How many cookies are left?
There were 500 cats in town. 30 left. How many are there now?
The Bulls scored 121 points and the Celtics scored 145 points in the game. How many points did they score in all?
|(9) Joe's House
Joe has 7 hamsters, 1 dog and 20 fish. Joe wants to know how many anmials he has in all.
I have 20 cats. I gave 6 to Michelle and 5 to Laneice. How many cats do I have left?
(1) and (2) Joshua, age 8, grade 3, Northampton Elementary School, Ms. Gongora's class, Spring, Texas, U.S., March 27, 2002
(3) Koree, age 8, grade 3, Richardson Height Elementary School, Ms. E. Flanagin's class, Richardson, Texas, U.S., December 2, 2001
(4) Davis and Adam, age 11, grade 5, Coronado Village Elementary School, Mrs. Shultz's class, Coronado, California, U.S., January 17, 2002
(5) Uthai V., age 9, grade 4, William P.Connery Elementary School, Ms. Rowe's class, Lynn, Massachusetts, U.S., January 30, 2002
(6) Megan, age 12, grade 6, Hildebrandt Intermediate School, Mrs. Day's class, Spring, Texas, U.S., March 28, 2002
(7) Sally, age 5, U.S., April 24, 2002
(8) Brad, age 9, grade 3, Brookside Elementary School, Mrs. Baker's class, Dracut, Massachusetts, U.S., April 25, 2002
(9) and (10) Laneice, age 9, grade 4, Landing School, Mrs. Reed's class, Glen Cove, New York, U.S., April 29, 2002
|© copyright 2002 - by Wendy Petti of Math Cats. All Rights Reserved.|